Together we learn, grow and play with Jesus by our side
Parents/Carers need to apply for a place in our school via the Local Authority. The admissions criteria is used by the governors to make offers of places. The maximum number of pupils admitted to any year group is 30. Most children transfer to All Hallows RC High School at the age of 11.
The Governors of the school have a responsibility to maintain the Roman Catholic character and ethos of the school and have agreed this with the LA.
Admission to the Nursery class does not automatically guarantee or influence admission to the Reception class.
The following categories of children will be admitted up to the standard number in the following order of priority:
1. Baptised Roman Catholic children who are in public care.
2. Baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission and resident in the parish of St Boniface.
3. Baptised Roman Catholic children resident in the parish of St Boniface.
4. Other Baptised Roman Catholic children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission and are resident in another parish.
5. Other Baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in another parish.
6. Other children who are in public care.
7. Exceptional Needs
8. Other children with a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
9. Other children.
Applications for Admissions
Parents considering applying for admission for their children are invited to contact the school office manager to make an appointment for an informal visit with the Head Teacher.
The Admission Policy contains full details and is available from school.
Any appeal against the school Governors' decision should be made in writing to the Clerk to the Governors at the school. The Appeals Panel will be nominated by the school Governors and Salford LA in accordance with the Education Act 1990.
Link to Salford LA Admissions Site here