If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
You are now able to book a COVID-19 test for your child/ren who attend our school if they feel unwell with ‘non-classical’ COVID-19 symptoms. While we know a lot of people are more likely to catch winter viruses at this time of year, in Salford we still want to rule out the possibility of COVID-19 and encourage primary and secondary age pupils to get tested.
Non-classical symptoms include:
- Vomiting/nausea/off your food
- Sleeping more than usual/extreme tiredness
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling cold
- Severe body aches
- Sore throat
- Congested or runny nose
- Skin rash
- Complaining of anything that is not feeling themselves
To book a test please visit www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and, when prompted, click the box “My local council has asked me to get a test, even though I do not have symptoms”