Our Governing Body
The Governors at St Boniface RC Primary School are committed to providing a broad and inclusive education, allowing all children to reach their full potential.
The Governors are legally responsible for the running of the school, making decisions in key areas for the benefit of, and on behalf of, everybody concerned with school – pupils, parents, carers, all staff and the diocese.
Our key role is in supporting the work of the school leadership team and the staff, and making important decisions about how the school will be run.
We also aim to be approachable and to listen to the communities we represent. Most of all we want to contribute to St Boniface continuing to be a happy and thriving school!
Some of the key areas we deal with are:
- Promoting high standards of achievement
- Promoting Catholic values
- Planning the school’s long-term direction
- Setting the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Appointing senior staff
- Ensuring a safe and productive school environment
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance